The ingredient list for this dish is very short and general - you probably have all these things in your kitchen right now! The simplicity of the ingredients tastes so clean and fresh that you won't want to go back to your "sauce out of the jar." Serve with fresh steamed vegetables, such as string beans or broccoli.
3 cups whole wheat pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
2 1/2 tsp no-salt Italian herb blend, or fresh Italian herbs, to taste
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add sliced garlic and cook until slightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, dried or fresh herbs, and red pepper flakes
- Lower heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top pasta with cooked tomatoes and serve hot.
Fat: 6.4 g
Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 5.3 mg
Potassium: 223.7 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 64.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 8.7 g
Protein: 13 g