2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 large bell peppers (any color), sliced
2 cups broccoli
2 cups sugar snap peas
1-2 chopped jalapenos, without seeds or core
2 cups brown rice
2/3 cup vegetable stock
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 tsp dried ground ginger, or to taste
Hot sauce, to taste (I like using Sriracha)
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Cook brown rice according to directions. It should take approximately 1 hour to cook, so plan accordingly.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet or wok.
- Cook onions and garlic until the onions are slightly transparent and the garlic begins to brown.
- Add the rest of the stir-fry ingredients and toss. Add additional oil if necessary (keep in mind the vegetables will add some moisture as they continue to cook; don't overdo the oil).
- As the vegetables cook, combine the stock, soy sauce, and ginger in a small bowl.
- When the vegetables are tender, add peanut butter and soy sauce mixture to the wok, stirring to coat all the vegetables.
- Top brown rice with the peanut stir-fry and serve immediately.